You are here: Home > List of issues > 2012 > Central European Journal of Communication Volume 5 No 1 (8) Spring 2012
Central European Journal of Communication Volume 5, No 1 (8), Spring 2012
Editor: Michał Głowacki
Guest editor: Aukse Balcytiene
Table of Contents
- Editors’ introduction: How to approach change in modern communications
Auksė Balčytienė (Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas, Lithuania), Michał Głowacki (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- Spies like us: Media politics and the communist past in Bulgaria
Elza Ibroscheva (Southern Illinois University, USA)
- “Original democracy”: A rhetorical analysis of Romanian post-revolutionary political discourse and the University Square protests of June 1990
Ioana Literat (University of Southern California, USA)
- Old and new constraints in foreign news coverage in post-communist Ukraine
Natalya Ryabinska (Ukrainian Catholic Universiyty in Lviv, Ukraine)
- Remixing international news reporting: Towards a renewed confederacy of correspondences
Paulo Nuno Vicente (UT Austin-Portugal Digital Media Programme)
- Use of sources in newspaper coverage of the 2009 Bulgarian parliamentary election
Daniela V. Dimitrova (Iowa State University, USA), Petia Kostadinova (University of Illinois Chicago, USA)
- Constructing identity on social networks. An analysis of competences of communication constituted on Facebook.com
David Dobrowsky (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Young people as a media audience: From content to usage processes
Anda Rožukalne (Rīga Stradiņš University, Latvia)
- Emerging patterns and trends in citizen journalism in Africa: The case of Zimbabwe
Bruce Mutsvairo and Simon Columbus (Amsterdam University College, The Netherlands)
- INTERVIEW: Democracy and new media in Central and Eastern Europe
Dr. Karol Jakubowicz was interviewed by Michał Głowacki in November 2011
- BOOK REVIEW: Miklós Sükösd and Karol Jakubowicz (eds.) (2011). Media Nationalism and European Identities...
Natalia Vasilendiuc (University of Bucharest, Romania)
- BOOK REVIEW: Nico Carpentier (2011). Media and Participation. A Site of Ideological-Democratic Struggle...
Michał Głowacki (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- BOOK REVIEW: Bogusława Dobek-Ostrowska (2011) Polski system medialny na rozdrożu. Media w polityce polityka w mediach [The Polish Media System at the Crossroads. Media on Politics Politics in Media]...
Alicja Jaskiernia (University of Warsaw, Poland)
- BOOK REVIEW: Bogusława Dobek-Ostrowska & Michał Głowacki (eds.) (2011). Making Democracy in 20 Years. Media and Politics in Central and Eastern Europe...
Katarzyna Pokorna-Ignatowicz (Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Cracow University College, Poland)
- BOOK REVIEW: Agnieszka Stępińska (ed.) (2011). News in Europe. Europe on News...
Bartosz Hordecki (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)