You are here: Home > List of issues > 2015 > Central European Journal of Communication Volume 8 No 1 (14) Spring 2015
Central European Journal of Communication Volume 8, No 1 (14), Spring 2015
Editors: Michał Głowacki
Guest editor: Romy Wöhlert
Table of Contents
- Guest Editor's introduction
Romy Wöhlert (Alpen-Adria University Klagenfurt & Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria)
- Variations in media freedom: Why do some governments in Central and Eastern Europe respect media freedom more than other ones?
Péter Bajomi-Lázár (Budapest Business School, Hungary)
- Economic foundations of morality: Questions of transparency and ethics in Russian journalism
Anna Klyueva (University of Houston-Clear Lake, USA), Katerina Tsetsura (University of Oklahoma, USA)
- Value orientation and national identity in Russia: A media effect study on the Holocaust documentary “Night and Fog”
Jürgen Grimm (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Al Jazeera in the Central European media: 9/11 and the “Arab Spring” compared
Jaromir Hanzal (Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic), Ákos Balogh (Hungary), Michalina Guzikowska (University of Warsaw, Poland), Gabriela Mezeiova (Media Academy, Slovakia)
- Texts soaked with culture: The impact of cultural differences on the thematic structure of British and Polish national dailies
Anna Zięba (Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland)
- Risk perception and political alienism: Political discourse on the future of nuclear energy in Hungary
Gábor Sarlós (ELTE Budapest, Hungary)
- Contextualizing media behavior: Media environments and individuals' media use in the European Union
Matthew Loveless (University of Kent, United Kingdom)
- Educating citizens to EU: How policies and communication strategies are implementing in Italy
Lucia D’Ambrosi (University of Macerata, Italy)
- INTERVIEW: Media freedom in Central and Eastern Europe
Interview with Professor Andrei Richter — Director of the OSCE Office of the Representative on Freedom of the Media on the state of media freedom in Central and Eastern Europe
- BOOK REVIEWS: Michał Głowacki Epp Lauk Auksė Balčytienė (eds.) (2014) Journalism that Matters: Views from Central and Eastern Europe...
Tomas Kavaliauskas (Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania)
- BOOK REVIEW: Manuel Castells (2013) Władza komunikacji (Communication Power)...
Grażyna Piechota (Andrzej Frycz Modrzewski Kraków University, Poland)
- BOOK REVIEW: Agnieszka Ogonowska Grzegorz Ptaszek (eds.) (2013) Współczesna psycholo- gia mediów. Nowe problemy i perspektywy badawcze (Modern Media Psychology. New Problems and Research Perspectives)...
Karina Cicha and Katarzyna Zdanowicz-Cyganiak (University of Economics in Katowice, Poland)
- BOOK REVIEW: Antonio Momoc (2014) Comunicarea 2.0. New media participare si populism (Communication 2.0. New Media Participation and Populism)...
Romina Surugiu (University of Bucharest, Romania)